Dr. Will Hamilton, in collaboration with Libby Hinsley, PT (Asheville Family Fitness and Physical Therapy), and Lisa Sherman, LAC (Asheville Integrated Acupuncture) are proud to announce the Chronic Pain Psychotherapy Group.
This program is specifically designed for individuals with chronic pain conditions (such as low back pain, sciatica, knee pain, migraines, fibromyalgia, etc) who are interested in learning non-medication approaches to managing their pain.
This group will meet from 530p to 700p on Thursdays for 9 weeks (starting August 14, 2019 and ending October 9; The next group after this is TBD) at Asheville Integrative Acupuncture (183 Bartlett St, Suite 110, Asheville NC 28801)), and we will be teaching skills and information related to:
- Chronic pain/psycho-physiology education
- Relaxation and mindfulness strategies
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy skills for responding to pain
- Decastrophizing the pain experience
- Assertiveness and communication skills
- Improving sleep
- Nutritional changes
- Gentle yoga-based movement practices (accessible for all levels)
- Education in therapeutic exercises for home program
- Breathing practices for calming the nervous system
- Maintenance and pain flare plans
Each session will cost $40. We will be accepting insurance from Medicare, Blue Cross, Aetna, and MedCost, and Tricare may provide out of network benefits. With apologies, we cannot accept Medicaid or United Healthcare at this time.
Each week, we also offer a 30-minute ear acupuncture (at an additional cost of $15- not covered by insurance).
If the chronic pain treatment group would be of interest to you, one of your family members, or a patient you are treating, please have them email Dr. Hamilton at [email protected] (preferred) or call at 828.423.0537. We will get in contact to confirm the group and give you further information about the group, including asking you to complete the following intake packet: